Do Signs Actually Work? Stats & Facts
I think we can all agree that a sign is a good thing to have at our businesses. But just how much of a difference does a sign REALLY make? Most of us see a sign as a way to complete our building, make it look more professional, or even as a way to make your building “prettier”. What most of us DON’T KNOW is how much of an impact a sign truly has on our business. Well, let’s check out the numbers, and I’ll let you decide!
The fact of the matter is, your signage has a strong impact on your business and can directly affect if consumers will visit your place of business, make a purchase, and so much more (LHSigns, 2015). The University of Cincinnati, as well as FedEx Office, conducted a survey to show how signage influences consumers in the marketplace. The statistics tell a convincing story!
“Survey Says!” …
- 76% of consumers said they had entered a store or business they have never been to before based simply on its signs.
- Signs can bring you new customers!
- 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services.
- Signs can affect your reputation!
- Nearly 75% of consumers said that they had told others about a business based on its signage.
- Signs can get you referrals!
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye!
- Your signs can cause customers to buy!
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business.
- Lack of signs can cost you a customer!
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) keeps them from entering a place of business.
- Bad signs keep people out!
The numbers tell the story! Signage is an incredibly useful sales tool for your business or store. Signs play a huge role in attracting new customers, generating revenue, and spreading the word about your company. Do you need a company who can design, produce, and install your next sign? Call your friends at Divine!