One of the most exciting things about the sign industry, is the constant change and improvements being made across the industry. Advancements in printers and routers, and the increased quality/versatility of digital media are just a few of the drastic improvements over the last 20 years.
One of the biggest improvements in the industry that isn’t talked about enough is the development of High Density Urethane, a.k.a., HDU. HDU is an engineered signage material that can be cut, painted, and routered to simulate the look of wood, brick, and stone. Because of the advancements that have been made to this material, the resemblance to the “real thing” is remarkable! Signage manufacturers/installers love working with HDU because not only is the visual element extremely impressive, but HDU withstands the elements better than wood, brick, or stone.
Some of the biggest Advantages of HDU are:
- HDU sign material is completely waterproof
- Withstands extreme heat or cold
- Guaranteed not to warp or bow
- Much lighter, and less pre-install prep work
- Does not crack, swell, rot or decompose
- Unaffected by high-salt environments
- Easier to machine and work with than wood/stone.
- Fine cell structure ensures excellent edge definition
- Easy to paint, sandblast and create special effects
- Accepts any paint finish; low paint absorption
- (Info taken from generalplastics.com)
Are you looking for a product that looks phenomenal, performs better, and is nicer to the pocket book? Call your friends at Divine, and we can explore HDU for your next sign project!